Instructing PBS to effect Forfeiture is quick and easy, ensuring your premises are back under your control within 24 hours of instruction.
PBS can effect Forfeiture on any Lease, License or Tenancy at Will. In order to effect peaceful re-entry (Forfeiture), our agent will attend when the tenant is not on site.
What will we do?
- We will arrange a locksmith to attend the site with the agent.
- All locks will be replaced, like for like, securing the entire premises.
- Relevant notices will be displayed on doors or windows, as required by law.
- We will take a full inventory of all goods on site.
- We will take photographs for your records.
- We will report any damage to the premises, and provide video evidence.
- New keys will be posted to you by recorded delivery, or hand delivered if required.
- Meter readings will be taken.
- A legal Torts Notice, informing them that they have 14 days to remove their goods, will be posted by recorded delivery to your tenant’s home or billing address, as supplied by you.
- A full report will be sent to you.
- If required we will attend at a later date, to allow your tenant access to remove their goods. In this instance your tenant will be liable for our costs.
- We can liaise with any third parties with retention of title claims.
How much does Forfeiture cost?
Our charge for this service is a flat fee, which includes the enforcement agent’s attendance and all services above. There will also be locksmiths’ costs added to this, but these are variable and will be determined when on site. Please call our office for current costs.